Monday, December 16, 2013

Goodbye, My Baby...

Pinky is gone. She is at rest, and peaceful, and not suffering anymore.

I don't know about heaven or where she goes where any of us go, but her spirit and soul will always be a part of me. I know she will become a star up in the sky winking forever and ever. Inside I feel so so so much love. The love she gave to me, the love I gave to her. She wasn't just a cat, she was my child, my friend, and my love.

She died in my arms, her head resting in my hand, as she slowly faded away, before she passed completely. I felt her heart slow and I felt her heart stop. I'd like to say I saw the light go out of her eyes, but it was really hard to tell. I know she went to sleep looking and me, and me looking at her and saying "I love you".

I love you always, Pinky.


4 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Right now, your heart is probably too full to feel anything but grief, but you will take comfort in knowing that she was at home, with you, feeling your love, in her last conscious moments.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Seth,
I know exactly how hard this was for you and your mother. I went through it just over 2 years ago with my last dog. Pinky was a wonderful pet, a wonderful cat, and I know she loved you both. I also know how much you loved her. Please know that my thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

Peace <3
Jay

Jack said...

Seth,
My deepest sympathy to you and your mother for your loss. I read your blog daily but do not normally comment. However, this is a time when you can use all the emotional support you can get.

I have lost three cats who have lived to a ripe old age, between thirteen and fifteen years, it is so hard to say goodbye.

I truly believe that animals have souls and their spirits cross the rainbow bridge for eternal life and happiness. I would like to believe that they would be there to greet us when we cross over too but I am told by some religious pundits that it does not happen that way.

Just remember the love and happiness she gave to you and you to her. Look after your health.

Sincerely,
Jack in Virginia

Drewbe said...

Bless Pinky! You and your Mom did the right thing, Pinky is now in a beautiful place, with no pain, only joy.

Post a Comment